A Red Flag Alert has been issued for this evening April 30th through Wednesday evening, May 1st.
As a result of the issuance of the Red Flag Warning, residents should take appropriate precautions. These precautions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Report any sign of smoke or fire immediately to your local fire department by calling 9-1-1 (if you call 9-1-1 from your cell phone, please try to know the location of where you are calling from).
· Use extreme caution when operating any machinery or equipment in or near hazardous grass or brush areas.
• Any mowing or weed eating should be done before 10 a.m. & after 6 p.m. ?(and NEVER during extremely dry conditions).
• Never use lawn mowers in dry vegetation.
• Spark arresters are required in wildland areas on all portable gasoline powered equipment.
• Residents should make sure they have 100 feet of defensible space around structures.
• Clear dead weeds and vegetation.
• Remove leaves and needles from gutters.
• Trim branches 6 feet from the ground.
· Have an evacuation plan in place and identify two exit routes from your neighborhood. If you are asked to evacuate by fire or law enforcement officials, do so immediately.
· Ready, Set...Go: Your Personal Wildfire Action Plan
· Get Ready Marin...the Fire is coming
· Report any suspicious persons or vehicles to law enforcement…call 9-1-1
· If you have a flammable wood roof, maybe it’s time to replace it.
· Call the fire department if you need any help. We can also visit your home to help you assess fire hazards.
· It’s always best to take action before the fire…it could save your life and others. Residents should contact their local fire department to work directly with them on identifying ways to reduce hazards around their homes.
· The fire is coming and it’s not a question of if, it’s when.