Kevin Haroff, Mayor
Kevin Haroff has been a member of the Larkspur City Council since 2013 and currently is serving his second term as the City of Larkspur’s Mayor. Before joining the City Council, he served as a member of the Larkspur Planning Commission. Kevin has lived in Marin County since 1986 and in Larkspur’s Greenbrae community since 2002.
In addition to his role in city government, Kevin serves as the managing partner of Haroff Law, a San Francisco and Marin County-based law firm. Kevin is a nationally recognized environmental and land use attorney and litigator, and he is admitted to practice law in California, New York, Texas, and Oregon. Kevin has been an equity partner at some of the nation’s most prominent international law firms, including Morrison & Foerster LLP and Squire Patton Boggs. He has written university law review and other professional articles on a range of environmental law and civil litigation topics, many focused on the legal aspects of climate change.
Kevin received his law degree from Cornell Law School and his undergraduate degree from Cornell University’s College of Arts & Sciences, with a joint major in philosophy and psychology. Kevin also has a master’s degree in business administration from Cornell’s Graduate School of Management. Most recently, Kevin completed coursework on mediating complex multi-party disputes at Harvard Law School’s internationally known Program on Negotiation.
Kevin is strongly committed to advocating on behalf of the public on environmental, renewable energy, homelessness, and other policy issues. He is Larkspur’s representative on the board of directors for MCE Clean Energy, California’s first community aggregation electricity provider. Kevin also has been appointed to serve on the Marin County Council of Mayors and Councilmembers (MMCMC) ad hoc committee to address the challenge of homelessness in our community.
Kevin is dedicated to preserving and enhancing the character of our community and providing the quality of leadership the City of Larkspur and our County deserve.
Council Committee Appointments
- Central Marin Fire Authority - Representative
- Central Marin Police Authority - Representative
- Chamber of Commerce - Representative
- General Plan Update Steering Committee - Representative
- Larkspur Library/Community Center Task Force - Representative
- Mobilehome Park Ad-Hoc Committee - Representative
- Planning Commission Liaison - Representative
- Community Development Block Grant Priority Setting Committee – Alternate
- Marin County BayWave Committee - Representative
- MCCMC Ad-Hoc Committee on Climate Change - Representative
- MCCMC Homelessness Committee - Representative
- MCCMC Legislative Committee - Alternate
- Ross Valley Sanitary District - Representative
- Transportation Authority of Marin - Alternate
- Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) – Representative
- Marin Clean Energy – Representative